Technology related CV and experience of Martin Kaptein
On this page some of the experience in technology and information technology of Martin Kaptein is listed.
Martin Kaptein finished the general qualification for university entrance (=Abitur) in Germany (Gymnasium). Thus, he has an advanced school-leaving certificate with splendid marks. Martin has both a bachelor as well as a master degree, but in the field of classical piano.
List of Skills
- Wordpress (PHP and MySQL backend)
- Humhub (PHP), used to run a social network based on it
- KaiOS Webapp building
- Android custom roms
- Python development
- Machine learning (Python)
- git, docker, Travis CI, Netlify
- Linux (Bash, architecture)
- Hugo (Static Site Generation Framework)
- C (basic)
- System Administration (sysadmin) Experience with VPS (Linux)
- Experience with Gemini protocol and running a Gemini server
- Google Firebase
- XMPP protocol (setting up servers and clients)
- Networking (DDWRT), creating mesh wifi networks, etc.
- Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) programming experience in the context of accounting
- Nextcloud setup and administration
- Full manual Arch installation
Here, on his website, Martin writes a blog, in which regularly dives into deeper topic, in very great detail. This blog is a good representation of all the (Information-)Technology skills Martin possesses.
Some examples are:
- Encrypted Arch Installation
- Modding a FM radio to receive airband frequencies
- Porting Web apps to KaiOS
- Predicting from a training set in Python
- Browser automatization with Selenium and Python
- iPhone network traffic analysis
- Python CMS from scratch
- Modifying Google DeepDream for better results
- Using Hugo together with Travis CI
- How crypto works under the hood
And much more! Seriously, check out the blog.
During his studies at the ArtEZ conservatory (bachelor) in Zwolle, The Netherlands, Martin made an interesting connection between the worlds of music and of information technology, in his choice of his bachelor research topic: Can J.S. Bach be immitated using machine learning?
A link to this paper can be found here. The referenced codebase (Python) resides on Github and can be found here.
Some of the stuff I made / I worked on / Projects. Contains only links to Github.
- Minimal Full-featured Hugo theme
- DeepBach fork
- Events.txt org mode replacement calendar solution
- Fork of ATC game in golang
- Ultra minimalist Hugo theme
- File transfer tool written in Python
- Machine learning integer predictor tool
- Python Static Site generator
- Python Bot
- Google DeepDream fork
- Python wallpaper listing generator
- Bash FZF wrapper
Other technology related interests
Besides all the above, I am interested in:
Non technology related
I am a musician and participate in various non-profit organizations. Also, I like to read.
You can contact me here.